I moved to Cornelius, NC from the Great White North in 1996 and, while I have spent a considerable amount of time elsewhere, I have always considered it to be home.
A foundational aspect that has drawn me to the practice of law is getting to serve people in their times of need. The early portion of my legal career took a rather unique path. While in University, I became aware of a human rights organization called International Justice Mission, and I was determined to be a part of their global work. Following law school, I had the opportunity to move with my wife to Colchester, England to serve in IJM’s UK partner office. I then had the privilege to work alongside my wife in the Philippines where I worked with local attorneys to prosecute trafficking in persons cases while my wife served as a social worker. After returning home from the Philippines, I spent the next four years serving my community as a member of the District Attorney’s Office (first in Tulare County, California and then here in Mecklenburg County). These years spent as a trial attorney developing my skills in the courtroom have provided me with invaluable experience that I now have the opportunity to use to serve the interests of my clients when they are in their time in need. I have been with Thurman, Wilson, Boutwell & Galvin since 2020.
When I am not in the office or the courtroom, I am most likely spending my time going on adventures with my wife and two kids, whether those adventures are in our backyard, a state park, in front of the TV cheering on the Panthers, or somewhere beyond.
- Mecklenburg County District Attorney’s Office, Charlotte, NC, Assistant District Attorney, 2019-2020
- Tulare County District Attorney’s Office, Visalia, CA, Deputy District Attorney, 2016-2019
- Cardinal Innovations Healthcare Solutions, Charlotte, NC, Contract Coordinator, 2015-2016
- International Justice Mission, Philippines, Legal Fellow, 2014
- International Justice Mission, United Kingdom, Government Relations Fellow, 2012-2013
- University of San Diego School of Law - J.D. - 2011
Teaching Assistant, Criminal Law (Fall 2010) CALI Excellence for the Future Award, International Human Rights CALI Excellence for the Future Award, International Business Transactions Outstanding Brief & Outstanding Oral Argument, Lawyering Skills Christian Legal Society, Member
- Azusa Pacific University - B.A. in Political Science - 2008
- Oxford University – Oxford Summer Programme - N/A - 2006
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
Member Since: 2011
- California Rural Crime Prevention Task Force
Member Since: 2017 - 2018
Representative of Tulare County District Attorney’s Office California Rural Crime School, Instructor on Reports and Case Filing (2017)
Get in Touch
- 1 Serving Greater Charlotte for Over 30 Years
- 2 Se Habla Español
- 3 Response Within 24 Hours