Mr. Thurman, senior partner and a founding member of the law firm, has devoted his entire career to the private practice of law. For over 30 years, he has provided representation in both transactional and litigation matters, with an emphasis on adoptions and homeowners associations. Mr. Thurman has completed over a thousand private and agency adoptions, and he represents scores of community associations.
Mr. Thurman’s extensive courtroom experience since 1983 enables him to advocate for clients effectively in contested matters including adoption, foreclosure and business cases. He has successfully argued cases before both the North Carolina Court of Appeals and the North Carolina Supreme Court.
Mr. Thurman has been a featured speaker at numerous legal seminars, including Continuing Legal Education courses for other attorneys. He has provided representation in many complex transactions, and is often consulted for the purpose of counsel in addition to legal advice.
- Born: September 5, 1959.
- Raised in Asheville, North Carolina.
- Married to the former Mary Beth Styles, with three children.
- Avocations include coaching soccer with refugee and underprivileged youth, and hiking and camping.
- Domestic Adoption
- Homeowners Associations
- Interstate Adoption
- Business Formation and Acquisition
- Wills and Estates.
- University of North Carolina
- Bachelor of Arts, Classical Studies - 1980
- Juris Doctor Degree, with honors - 1983
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa (Undergraduate)
- Holderness Moot Court Bench (Law School)
- North Carolina Bar Association (Member - Business Law, Wills and Estates, and Real Estate Sections)
- Mecklenburg County Bar
- American Academy of Adoption Attorneys (since 1994)
- Christian Legal Society (since 1983)